Apple iPhones always create the greatest excitement when a new model is released. The same thing happened when the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus were launched by Apple, with people flocking to their nearest Apple store to buy the large-screened new-features-laden iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. However, with all the features these devices offer, they fall short in things like online security and freedom. This is why tools like VPNs are in the market. To help you setup a VPN on Apple iPhone 6 and avail the advantages of using a VPN, we have come up with this guide.
Setting up a VPN connection on Apple iPhone 6
Since a lot of internet activity of people today is through their smartphones, securing these devices with VPNs is a must. VPNs encrypt all the traffic on your device so nobody can see what you are doing on the internet. Their feature of masking IP address helps you get past geo-restrictions and access services like Netflix and Hulu from anywhere.
Before we see how to setup a VPN on Apple iPhone 6, we first need to do requirements check for the process. You would need:
- An Apple iPhone 6 or 6 Plus device
- A working internet connection
- A subscription with a VPN vendor
There are 3 main methods to setup a VPN on an Apple iPhone 6.
- Using VPN internet connection
If you have a VPN router that makes your entire internet connection like a VPN network, then all you need to do is connect to this network and the same functionality can be extended to your device. Click on Settings -> Wi-Fi and then choose your internet connection.
- Manual setup on device
This method requires you to manually setup a VPN on your Apple iPhone 6 device. Don’t worry; the process is not at all difficult or long. Simply follow these steps:
- Tap on Settings -> General -> VPN -> Add VPN Configuration
- Select the type of protocol you wish to use for your VPN connection
- Populate the field with the proper values. The description can be filled by the name you want to give your VPN connection. The server can be filled by logging on to the Control Panel of your VPN vendor. Account name and password can be entered from your VPN subscription.
- When you have done this, you would be able to see your VPN in the VPN menu.
- Click on it to connect
- VPN App
If your VPN vendor has a VPN app for iOS, then all you need to do is download and install the app, enter your login credentials on opening it, and that’s it. Not all VPNs have dedicated iOS apps, but most of the good ones do, which makes it quite easy to setup a VPN on Apple iPhone 6.
This guide was created to help iPhone users protect their online security and freedom while browsing the internet on their device. Since a lot of personal information is shared on the internet through your device, you must take care that this information is safe. VPNs help with that and using this guide you can easily setup a VPN on your Apple iPhone 6 device.